Re: tc-list Comfort and Barrett Book in Galatians

  • James A Gehman
    Message 1 of 2 , May 28 6:57 AM
      Thanks to Wieland Willker and Maurice Robinson for their responses.

      Willker replied:
      >>- - WS: What do you mean with medial WS?

      And Robinson replied:
      >>>4.29 WS (final) WS (medial)

      >>This is merely a matter of transcription, since the uncial script of
      P46
      >>has only the one form (C) of Sigma. No difference at this point at
      all.

      To this I respond:

      I am not trained in papyrology *and* from Venezuela I do not have access
      to transcriptions. So in the case of WS (medial: from the
      transliteration scheme of the Corpus-Paulinum list), this transcription
      *assumes* that WS(medial) is part of a word which is continued on the
      next line. The Kenyon transcription equally *assumes* that WS (final) is
      a particle. But at this point, Robinson has noted that the Uncial script
      does not differentiate. How is one to know the difference?

      Sincerely,
      James A. Gehman, M.A.
      Missionary in Residence, Brookside Community Church
      jagehman@... *** jagehman@...
      Web site: http://www.familyshoebox.com/family/gehmangateway

      or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]