tc-list coptic

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 6 , May 6, 1999
      Listers,

      a few weeks ago I inquired about a Coptic version of the Bible. To date, I
      have been unable to find one.

      Anyone have a clue?

      Thanks,

      Jim

      +++++++++++++++++++++++++

      Jim West, ThD
      Petros Baptist Church- Pastor
      Quartz Hill School of Theology- Adjunct Prof. of Bible

      fax- 978-231-5986
      email- jwest@...
      web page- http://web.infoave.net/~jwest
    • Fred P Miller
      Message 2 of 6 , May 7, 1999
        RE: Coptic Bible

        The Lamsa foundation senrt me this message:

        "Robert E. Allen, Jr." <aramaic.bible.society@...>
        To:
        Fred P Miller <fmoeller@...>

        Dear Fred: There may well be a copy of one here in a few weeks. We have
        been promised one! I will file this and tell you about it when I have it
        in hand. But remind me a month from now. O.K. Best regards, Bob Allen

        if interested write to them directly. FPM

        --
        Fred P Miller
        For Bible Study Majoring in Isaiah
        Message 3 of 6 , May 10, 1999
          <373321a5.bbc1615-@...> wrote:
          Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/list/tc-list/?start=5985
          > RE: Coptic Bible

          I understand the Packard Humanities Institute has a cd rom with a coptic text available. I haven't contacted them, but here is their information.

          Packard Humanities Institute
          300 Second Street, Suite 201
          Los Altos, CA 94022
          e-mail: PHI@...
          tel: +1 (650) 948-0150
          fax: +1 (650) 948-4135

          Thomas Pryde III
        • Harold P. Scanlin
          Message 4 of 6 , May 10, 1999
            There is a Coptic CD available from the "St. Shenouda the Archimandrite
            Coptic Society" with the text of the NT in both bohairic and Sahidic, as
            well as the surviving fragments from other Coptic versions.

            For more information and to order the CD online, go to:

            http://www.stshenouda.com/society/copticcd.htm

            Harold P. Scanlin
            United Bible Societies
            1865 Broadway