Re: tc-list Scribal tendencies - Christian Ethics?

  • Dr. Ulrich Schmid
    Message 1 of 9 , May 6 9:37 AM
      To my mind, one of the most complex textual problems involving ethics are the
      synoptic sayings on marriage and divorce (Mk 10.2-12; Mt 5.27-32; Mt 19.3-9; Lk
      16.18). Here you can study the quest for ethical implications of (competing)
      readings along with the vexing problem of harmonization.
      In addition, there are very good expositions of the problem extant.
      I may recommend
      M.W. Holmes, "The Text of the Matthean Divorce Passages: A Comment on the Appeal
      to Harmonization in Textual Decisions", in: JBL 109 (1990) 651-64; and
      D. Parker, The Living Text of the Gospels, Cambridge 1997, pp.57-94.

      Dr. Ulrich Schmid
      U.B.Schmid@...
    • Jack Kilmon
      Message 2 of 9 , May 6 9:39 AM
      • Jack Kilmon
        Message 3 of 9 , May 6 10:01 AM

          Jack Kilmon wrote:

          TonyProst@... wrote:

          > On this issue, you might check the Secret Mark websites, which I am certain
          > someone on this list can refer you to!

          http://www.globaltown.com/shawn/secmark.html

          http://www1.bremen.de/~wie/Secret/secmark_home.html

          Messed this one up. Should be
          http://www1.uni-bremen.de/~wie/Secret/secmark.home.html

          http://home.sol.no/~noetic/secm.htm

          http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Trowbridge/secmark.htm

          http://www.trends.net/~yuku/bbl/8secmk.htm

          http://members.xoom.com/jesusquest/

          http://osf1.gmu.edu/~herwin/mark.htm

          and this one:
          http://osf1.gmu.edu/~herwin/mark.html

          http://www.historian.net/secmark.htm

          Sorry bout dat

          Jack

          Jack Kilmon
          jkilmon@...

          http://www.historian.net

        • Andrew Payne
          Message 4 of 9 , May 6 5:19 PM
            YOu mentioned two of Bart Ehrman's essays, have your read his An Orthodox
            Corruption of Scripture?