Re: tc-list Scribal tendencies - Christian Ethics?

  • TonyProst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , May 6, 1999
      On this issue, you might check the Secret Mark websites, which I am certain
      someone on this list can refer you to!

      Regards,
      Tony Prost
      All NOnnos All Day
      http://members.aol.com/tonyprost/index.html
    • Dr. Ulrich Schmid
      Message 2 of 9 , May 6, 1999
        To my mind, one of the most complex textual problems involving ethics are the
        synoptic sayings on marriage and divorce (Mk 10.2-12; Mt 5.27-32; Mt 19.3-9; Lk
        16.18). Here you can study the quest for ethical implications of (competing)
        readings along with the vexing problem of harmonization.
        In addition, there are very good expositions of the problem extant.
        I may recommend
        M.W. Holmes, "The Text of the Matthean Divorce Passages: A Comment on the Appeal
        to Harmonization in Textual Decisions", in: JBL 109 (1990) 651-64; and
        D. Parker, The Living Text of the Gospels, Cambridge 1997, pp.57-94.

        Dr. Ulrich Schmid
        U.B.Schmid@...
      • Jack Kilmon
        Message 3 of 9 , May 6, 1999
        • Jack Kilmon
          Message 4 of 9 , May 6, 1999

            Jack Kilmon wrote:

            TonyProst@... wrote:

            > On this issue, you might check the Secret Mark websites, which I am certain
            > someone on this list can refer you to!

            http://www.globaltown.com/shawn/secmark.html

            http://www1.bremen.de/~wie/Secret/secmark_home.html

            Messed this one up. Should be
            http://www1.uni-bremen.de/~wie/Secret/secmark.home.html

            http://home.sol.no/~noetic/secm.htm

            http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Trowbridge/secmark.htm

            http://www.trends.net/~yuku/bbl/8secmk.htm

            http://members.xoom.com/jesusquest/

            http://osf1.gmu.edu/~herwin/mark.htm

            and this one:
            http://osf1.gmu.edu/~herwin/mark.html

            http://www.historian.net/secmark.htm

            Sorry bout dat

            Jack

            Jack Kilmon
            jkilmon@...

            http://www.historian.net

          • Andrew Payne
            Message 5 of 9 , May 6, 1999
              YOu mentioned two of Bart Ehrman's essays, have your read his An Orthodox
              Corruption of Scripture?