tc-list Muller-Kessler &Sokoloff CCPA

  • Jean Valentin
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 1969
      Dear list members,

      I would like to know if some of you have read reviews of the new edition of Syropalestinian biblical texts by Muller-Kessler and Sokoloff - or if some among you that use it have an opinion to share about it. The only thing I regret about those volumes is that finding a definite text is not an easy task. The indexes give the repartition of the texts in the manuscripts, and the mss are edited separately - which, I think, is a good idea - but no index (except if I haven't found the right way to do it) allows to quickly find all occurrences of a given passage in the volumes. On the other hand it's not so great a handicap, as there are not so many fragments after all.

      I have the two NT volumes since a week now and am quite impressed. A technical question that I have is about the special font used for the syropalestinian text in those volumes. It imitates quite well the script. Is it a known, available font?

      Thanks for your help,

      Jean V.

      Jean Valentin - 34 rue du Berceau - 1000 Bruxelles - Belgique
      tel. 32-2-280.01.37
      e-mail : jgvalentin@...
      "Ce qui est trop simple est faux, ce qui est trop compliqué est inutilisable"
    • Leonard Greenspoon
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 1999
        ALLOW me, as TC book review editor, to use this occasion to point out what
        has been, for me, the most disappointing aspect of my "job." More than a
        year ago,I sent out for review two volumes in the series commented on
        below. In spite of my repeated (and, I think, friendly) reminders, no
        reviews have been forthcomiing..as a result, the value of TC to provide
        timely reviews of relelvant books is diminished..just a thought, leonard
        greenspoon