tc-list coptic

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 22, 1999
      Hello listers,

      anyone know where i can acquire a Coptic NT?

      thanks,

      jim

      +++++++++++++++++++++++++

      Jim West, ThD
      Petros Baptist Church- Pastor
      Quartz Hill School of Theology- Adjunct Prof. of Bible

      fax- 978-231-5986
      email- jwest@...
      web page- http://web.infoave.net/~jwest
    • Cook@AKAD.SUN.AC.ZA
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 22, 1999
        Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 13:35:06 -0400
        From: Jim West <jwest@...>
        Subject: tc-list coptic
        To: tc-list@...

        Hello listers,

        anyone know where i can acquire a Coptic NT?

        thanks,

        jim

        +++++++++++++++++++++++++

        Jim West, ThD
        Petros Baptist Church- Pastor
        Quartz Hill School of Theology- Adjunct Prof. of Bible

        fax- 978-231-5986
        email- jwest@...
        web page- http://web.infoave.net/~jwest

        You should obtain a Coptic NT at any Bible society. Do you know the
        excellent handbook by Lambdin Introduction to Sahidic Coptic?

        Prof. Johann Cook
        Department of Ancient Studies
        UNIVERSITY OF STELLENBOSCH, PRIVATE BAG X1 MATIELAND ZA-7602
        SOUTH AFRICA
        TEL:(0027-21) 8083203; 8083207
        FAX: (0027-21) 8083480
        E-mail: cook@...
        HOMEPAGES:
        http://www.sun.ac.za/as (Ancient Studies)
        http://www.sun.ac.za/as/journals/jnsl
        (Journal of Northwest Semitic Languages)
      • Jim West
        Message 3 of 6 , May 6, 1999
          Listers,

          a few weeks ago I inquired about a Coptic version of the Bible. To date, I
          have been unable to find one.

          Anyone have a clue?

          Thanks,

          Jim

          +++++++++++++++++++++++++

          Jim West, ThD
          Petros Baptist Church- Pastor
          Quartz Hill School of Theology- Adjunct Prof. of Bible

          fax- 978-231-5986
          email- jwest@...
          web page- http://web.infoave.net/~jwest
        • Fred P Miller
          Message 4 of 6 , May 7, 1999
            RE: Coptic Bible

            The Lamsa foundation senrt me this message:

            "Robert E. Allen, Jr." <aramaic.bible.society@...>
            To:
            Fred P Miller <fmoeller@...>

            Dear Fred: There may well be a copy of one here in a few weeks. We have
            been promised one! I will file this and tell you about it when I have it
            in hand. But remind me a month from now. O.K. Best regards, Bob Allen

            if interested write to them directly. FPM

            --
            Fred P Miller
            For Bible Study Majoring in Isaiah
            Message 5 of 6 , May 10, 1999
              <373321a5.bbc1615-@...> wrote:
              Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/list/tc-list/?start=5985
              > RE: Coptic Bible

              I understand the Packard Humanities Institute has a cd rom with a coptic text available. I haven't contacted them, but here is their information.

              Packard Humanities Institute
              300 Second Street, Suite 201
              Los Altos, CA 94022
              e-mail: PHI@...
              tel: +1 (650) 948-0150
              fax: +1 (650) 948-4135

              Thomas Pryde III
            • Harold P. Scanlin
              Message 6 of 6 , May 10, 1999
                There is a Coptic CD available from the "St. Shenouda the Archimandrite
                Coptic Society" with the text of the NT in both bohairic and Sahidic, as
                well as the surviving fragments from other Coptic versions.

                For more information and to order the CD online, go to:

                http://www.stshenouda.com/society/copticcd.htm

                Harold P. Scanlin
                United Bible Societies
                1865 Broadway