Re: tc-list Tischendorff

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 1999
      On 4/6/99, Jeffrey B. Gibson wrote:

      >What have list members discovered as the best approach to deciphering and using
      >Tischendorff's critical apparatus, especially of Galatians?

      Deciphering in what sense? The old manuscript numbers? There are
      conversion tables in the _Kurzgefasste Liste_ and in (oh, whatever
      its name was; Gregory's book that introduced Gregory Numbering).
      If you can't find either of those, I have a partial conversion table
      at the ENTTC site. (It doesn't include everything -- I don't want to
      violate anyone's copyright -- but on the other hand, you can *search*
      it. :-)

      For the rest, the proper reference is of course Gregory's introduction.

      Though I've never had much trouble with Tischendorf's editions, except
      for the manuscript numbers. And this even though my Latin is weak....