tc-list Tischendorff

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6 3:13 PM
      What have list members discovered as the best approach to deciphering and using
      Tischendorff's critical apparatus, especially of Galatians?

      Thanks,

      Jeffrey Gibson

      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson
      7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6 3:36 PM
        On 4/6/99, Jeffrey B. Gibson wrote:

        >What have list members discovered as the best approach to deciphering and using
        >Tischendorff's critical apparatus, especially of Galatians?

        Deciphering in what sense? The old manuscript numbers? There are
        conversion tables in the _Kurzgefasste Liste_ and in (oh, whatever
        its name was; Gregory's book that introduced Gregory Numbering).
        If you can't find either of those, I have a partial conversion table
        at the ENTTC site. (It doesn't include everything -- I don't want to
        violate anyone's copyright -- but on the other hand, you can *search*
        it. :-)

        For the rest, the proper reference is of course Gregory's introduction.

        Though I've never had much trouble with Tischendorf's editions, except
        for the manuscript numbers. And this even though my Latin is weak....