Re: tc-list Book info?

  • Carlton Winbery
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 1999
      >Can someone please give me a short description about the content of this
      >book:
      >
      >The Greek New Testament analyzed
      > Guillemette, Pierre
      > Kitchener, Ontario: Herald Pr., 1986
      > XLII, 435 S.
      >ISBN: 0-8361-3418-4

      I used this book rather extensively when working on a Morphology. He has a
      very high standard of accuracy. He does not cover every word but certainly
      every word impt for translation. It is as the name implies a chapter and
      verse parsing of most words in the text of the NT. It would be most useful
      to check one's own accuracy in analyzing forms in the text and for
      reviewing by reading Greek of the NT. It may be rendered obsolete by the
      use of Accordance, but I suppose there are many who will not be able to
      afford Accordance and he does occasionaly give bits of syntax as well.

      Carlton L. Winbery
      Fogleman Professor of Religion
      Louisiana College
      Pineville, LA 71359