Re: tc-list Book info?

  • Carlton Winbery
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 1999
      >Can someone please give me a short description about the content of this
      >book:
      >
      >The Greek New Testament analyzed
      > Guillemette, Pierre
      > Kitchener, Ontario: Herald Pr., 1986
      > XLII, 435 S.
      >ISBN: 0-8361-3418-4

      I used this book rather extensively when working on a Morphology. He has a
      very high standard of accuracy. He does not cover every word but certainly
      every word impt for translation. It is as the name implies a chapter and
      verse parsing of most words in the text of the NT. It would be most useful
      to check one's own accuracy in analyzing forms in the text and for
      reviewing by reading Greek of the NT. It may be rendered obsolete by the
      use of Accordance, but I suppose there are many who will not be able to
      afford Accordance and he does occasionaly give bits of syntax as well.

      Carlton L. Winbery
      Fogleman Professor of Religion
      Louisiana College
      Pineville, LA 71359
      winberyc@...
      winbery@...
    • Wieland Willker
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 1999

        --
        Best wishes
        Wieland

        -------------------------------------
        willker@...-bremen.de
        http://purl.org/Willker/index.html
        Secret Mark Homepage:
        http://purl.org/Willker/Secret/secmark_home.html
        -------------------------------------
      • Kevin W. Woodruff
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6, 1999
          It is based upon the 26th ed of Nestle-alands. The work is written in
          English, French German, Spanish and Italian. It grammatically analyzes every
          word in the Greek Testament including those of the critical apparatuses of
          both the NA26 and UBS3. . It updates Bagster's 1852 Analytical Greek Lexicon
          and the 1977 revison by Harold K. Moulton.

          At 05:34 PM 4/6/99 +0200, you wrote:
          >Can someone please give me a short description about the content of this
          >book:
          >
          >The Greek New Testament analyzed
          > Guillemette, Pierre
          > Kitchener, Ontario: Herald Pr., 1986