tc-list Differences NA26-27

  • Wieland Willker
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20 9:09 AM
      In the book "Neuer sprachlicher Schluessel zum GNT" (New key)
      W. Haubeck and H.v. Siebenthal write:
      NA-27 is identical with NA-26 with one exception: 2Tim 2:25.
      I have compared both versions but can't find any difference.

      Anyone any idea what is meant?

      Best wishes
      Wieland
      ------------------------
      Wieland Willker
      willker@...-bremen.de
      http://purl.org/WILLKER/index.html
    • Kevin W. Woodruff
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 20 12:16 PM
        Wieland:

        I've checked my NA26, NA27, UBS3 (corrected) and UBS4 and all seem to have
        the exact same reading

        Kevin

        At 06:09 PM 3/20/99 +0100, you wrote:
        >In the book "Neuer sprachlicher Schluessel zum GNT" (New key)
        >W. Haubeck and H.v. Siebenthal write:
        >NA-27 is identical with NA-26 with one exception: 2Tim 2:25.
        >I have compared both versions but can't find any difference.
        >
        >Anyone any idea what is meant?
        >
        >Best wishes
        > Wieland
        >------------------------
        >Wieland Willker
        >willker@...-bremen.de
        >http://purl.org/WILLKER/index.html

        Kevin W. Woodruff, M.Div.
        Library Director/Reference Librarian
        Professor of New Testament Greek
        Cierpke Memorial Library
        1815 Union Ave.
        Chattanooga, Tennessee 37404
        United States of America
        423/493-4252 (office)
        423/698-9447 (home)
        423/493-4497 (FAX)
        Cierpke@... (preferred)
        kwoodruf@... (alternate)
      • Wieland Willker
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 23 1:13 AM
          From B-Greek:

          -----------
          "Perry L. Stepp" <plstepp@...>
          We had a thread on this topic back in January:

          >I ran across a disagreement in the "pointing" of a passage: in 2 Tim 2.25,
          >the NA 26 reads the optative DWiJ (delta-omega with iota subscript-eta),
          >while the NA 27 at the same passage reads the subjunctive DWJi
          >(delta-omega-eta with iota subscript). (Westcott/Hort note the possibility
          >of the different readings, and place the optative in the text and the
          >subjunctive in the margin.) How do we describe this bit of minutiae--it's
          >not orthography, it really *is* a difference in the text.

          Best wishes
          Wieland
          willker@...-bremen.de
          http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/