Re: tc-list urgent: help (swanson)

  • Bruce Prior
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 4, 1999
      Thomas and George --
      Actually, NOMINA SACRA are in all of Swanson's volumes currently in
      print. In the Gospels volumes they are found in the notes section B on
      each page. In the Acts volume they are integrated with the main text.
      Specifically, Thomas, besides IS with a stroke for IHSOUS, which is very
      common among manuscripts in Matt 26:1, D and 2 have IHS with stroke
      above, according to Swanson. IH with a stroke is not found in Swanson's
      collection of manuscripts at Matt 26:1. In Matt 26:2, the only
      indicated NOMEN SACRUM for STAURWQHNAI is found in S and 118, where it
      is written STRWQHNAI with a stroke above the rho and omega, according to
      Swanson. I hope this is helpful.
      Bruce Prior Blaine, Washington n7rr@...>
      >> Thomas,
      >> I see no nomina sacra in Swanson. Certainly not in Matt 26:1,2.
      >> George Howard
      >> UGA
      >
      >Dear George,
      >thanks very much for your help.
      >
      >Thomas
      >Universitaet Regensburg
      >Kath.-theol. Fakultaet
      >Universitaetsstr. 31
      >D-93053 Regensburg
      >
      >Tel. + 49 941 943 36 90
      >Fax. + 49 941 943 19 86
      >thomas-juergen.kraus@...-regensburg.de

    • Bruce Prior
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 4, 1999
        Sorry, I misstated the reference. IHS is only in D. STRWQHNAI is in S
        118 f13 69 124 157 579 788 1071 1346
        Bruce Prior