Re: tc-list urgent: help (swanson)

  • Dr. Ulrich Schmid
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 4, 1999
      My copy of Swanson was printed in 1995 (Sheffield Academic Press, William Carey
      Inernational University Press). It includes several apparatus, counted from A to
      D plus a lacunae-apparatus. Apparatus B gives the nomina sacra.
      Are there different copies of Swanson's New Testament Greek Manuscripts. Variant
      Readings arranged in horizontal lines against Codex Vaticanus around?

      rlmullen@... wrote:
      > Checked my copy of Swanson. Sorry, he doesn't print nomina sacra in that
      > volume. --ROd Mullen
      >
      > At 12:22 PM 3/4/99 +0200, you wrote:
      > >urgent!
      > >
      > >dear tc-ers,
      > >I knew that this would happen one day, but my booksellers have troubles
      > >with ordering books, as it seems. does anybody have his/her edition of
      > >R.J. Swanson, New Testament Greek Manuscripts: Arranged in Horizontal
      > >Lines against Codex Vaticanus, 1995?
      > >In particular, I am needing of a minor piece of information: does Swanson
      > >print nomina sacra in his editions? I am especially interested in Matthew
      > >26:2 (SRNAI with a stroke above the letters for STAURWQHNAI) and 26:1 (IH
      > >with a stroke for IHSOUS).
      > >Please, help me as fast as possible!!!
      > >Thanks in advance,
      > >
      > >Thomas J. Kraus
      > >Universitaet Regensburg
      > >Kath.-theol. Fakultaet
      > >Universitaetsstr. 31
      > >D-93053 Regensburg
      > >
      > >Tel. + 49 941 943 36 90
      > >Fax. + 49 941 943 19 86
      > >thomas-juergen.kraus@...-regensburg.de

      Dr. Ulrich Schmid
      U.B.Schmid@...
    • Bruce Prior
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 4, 1999
        Thomas and George --
        Actually, NOMINA SACRA are in all of Swanson's volumes currently in
        print. In the Gospels volumes they are found in the notes section B on
        each page. In the Acts volume they are integrated with the main text.
        Specifically, Thomas, besides IS with a stroke for IHSOUS, which is very
        common among manuscripts in Matt 26:1, D and 2 have IHS with stroke
        above, according to Swanson. IH with a stroke is not found in Swanson's
        collection of manuscripts at Matt 26:1. In Matt 26:2, the only
        indicated NOMEN SACRUM for STAURWQHNAI is found in S and 118, where it
        is written STRWQHNAI with a stroke above the rho and omega, according to
        Swanson. I hope this is helpful.
        Bruce Prior Blaine, Washington n7rr@...>

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 4, 1999
          Sorry, I misstated the reference. IHS is only in D. STRWQHNAI is in S
          118 f13 69 124 157 579 788 1071 1346
          Bruce Prior