Re: tc-list urgent: help (swanson)

  • rlmullen@netpath.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 4, 1999
      Checked my copy of Swanson. Sorry, he doesn't print nomina sacra in that
      volume. --ROd Mullen

      At 12:22 PM 3/4/99 +0200, you wrote:
      >urgent!
      >
      >dear tc-ers,
      >I knew that this would happen one day, but my booksellers have troubles
      >with ordering books, as it seems. does anybody have his/her edition of
      >R.J. Swanson, New Testament Greek Manuscripts: Arranged in Horizontal
      >Lines against Codex Vaticanus, 1995?
      >In particular, I am needing of a minor piece of information: does Swanson
      >print nomina sacra in his editions? I am especially interested in Matthew
      >26:2 (SRNAI with a stroke above the letters for STAURWQHNAI) and 26:1 (IH
      >with a stroke for IHSOUS).
      >Please, help me as fast as possible!!!
      >Thanks in advance,
      >
      >Thomas J. Kraus
      >Universitaet Regensburg
      >Kath.-theol. Fakultaet
      >Universitaetsstr. 31
      >D-93053 Regensburg
      >
      >Tel. + 49 941 943 36 90
      >Fax. + 49 941 943 19 86
      >thomas-juergen.kraus@...-regensburg.de

    • Dr. Ulrich Schmid
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 4, 1999
        My copy of Swanson was printed in 1995 (Sheffield Academic Press, William Carey
        Inernational University Press). It includes several apparatus, counted from A to
        D plus a lacunae-apparatus. Apparatus B gives the nomina sacra.
        Are there different copies of Swanson's New Testament Greek Manuscripts. Variant
        Readings arranged in horizontal lines against Codex Vaticanus around?

        rlmullen@... wrote:
        > Checked my copy of Swanson. Sorry, he doesn't print nomina sacra in that
        > volume. --ROd Mullen
        >
        > At 12:22 PM 3/4/99 +0200, you wrote:
        > >urgent!
        > >
        > >dear tc-ers,
        > >I knew that this would happen one day, but my booksellers have troubles
        > >with ordering books, as it seems. does anybody have his/her edition of
        > >R.J. Swanson, New Testament Greek Manuscripts: Arranged in Horizontal
        > >Lines against Codex Vaticanus, 1995?
        > >In particular, I am needing of a minor piece of information: does Swanson
        > >print nomina sacra in his editions? I am especially interested in Matthew
        > >26:2 (SRNAI with a stroke above the letters for STAURWQHNAI) and 26:1 (IH
        > >with a stroke for IHSOUS).
        > >Please, help me as fast as possible!!!
        > >Thanks in advance,
        > >
        > >Thomas J. Kraus
        > >Universitaet Regensburg
        > >Kath.-theol. Fakultaet
        > >Universitaetsstr. 31
        > >D-93053 Regensburg
        > >
        > >Tel. + 49 941 943 36 90
        > >Fax. + 49 941 943 19 86
        > >thomas-juergen.kraus@...-regensburg.de

        Dr. Ulrich Schmid
        U.B.Schmid@...
      • Bruce Prior
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 4, 1999
          Thomas and George --
          Actually, NOMINA SACRA are in all of Swanson's volumes currently in
          print. In the Gospels volumes they are found in the notes section B on
          each page. In the Acts volume they are integrated with the main text.
          Specifically, Thomas, besides IS with a stroke for IHSOUS, which is very
          common among manuscripts in Matt 26:1, D and 2 have IHS with stroke
          above, according to Swanson. IH with a stroke is not found in Swanson's
          collection of manuscripts at Matt 26:1. In Matt 26:2, the only
          indicated NOMEN SACRUM for STAURWQHNAI is found in S and 118, where it
          is written STRWQHNAI with a stroke above the rho and omega, according to
          Swanson. I hope this is helpful.
          Bruce Prior Blaine, Washington n7rr@...>

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 4, 1999
            Sorry, I misstated the reference. IHS is only in D. STRWQHNAI is in S
            118 f13 69 124 157 579 788 1071 1346
            Bruce Prior