Re: tc-list urgent: help (swanson)

  • Dr. Ulrich Schmid
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 4, 1999
      George,

      you better checked the B-apparatus in Swanson!

      Thomas,

      of course Swanson gives nomina sacra. In Mat 26.1 Swanson gives IS (usual) and
      IHS (D = 05) and in 26.2 STRWQHNAI (family 13 inter alia).

      George Howard wrote:
      > Thomas,
      > I see no nomina sacra in Swanson. Certainly not in Matt 26:1,2.
      > George Howard
      > UGA
      >
      > Thomas J. Kraus wrote:
      >
      > > urgent!
      > >
      > > dear tc-ers,
      > > I knew that this would happen one day, but my booksellers have troubles
      > > with ordering books, as it seems. does anybody have his/her edition of
      > > R.J. Swanson, New Testament Greek Manuscripts: Arranged in Horizontal
      > > Lines against Codex Vaticanus, 1995?
      > > In particular, I am needing of a minor piece of information: does Swanson
      > > print nomina sacra in his editions? I am especially interested in Matthew
      > > 26:2 (SRNAI with a stroke above the letters for STAURWQHNAI) and 26:1 (IH
      > > with a stroke for IHSOUS).
      > > Please, help me as fast as possible!!!
      > > Thanks in advance,

      Dr. Ulrich Schmid
      U.B.Schmid@...
    • rlmullen@netpath.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 4, 1999
        Checked my copy of Swanson. Sorry, he doesn't print nomina sacra in that
        volume. --ROd Mullen

        At 12:22 PM 3/4/99 +0200, you wrote:
        >urgent!
        >
        >dear tc-ers,
        >I knew that this would happen one day, but my booksellers have troubles
        >with ordering books, as it seems. does anybody have his/her edition of
        >R.J. Swanson, New Testament Greek Manuscripts: Arranged in Horizontal
        >Lines against Codex Vaticanus, 1995?
        >In particular, I am needing of a minor piece of information: does Swanson
        >print nomina sacra in his editions? I am especially interested in Matthew
        >26:2 (SRNAI with a stroke above the letters for STAURWQHNAI) and 26:1 (IH
        >with a stroke for IHSOUS).
        >Please, help me as fast as possible!!!
        >Thanks in advance,
        >
        >Thomas J. Kraus
        >Universitaet Regensburg
        >Kath.-theol. Fakultaet
        >Universitaetsstr. 31
        >D-93053 Regensburg
        >
        >Tel. + 49 941 943 36 90
        >Fax. + 49 941 943 19 86
        >thomas-juergen.kraus@...-regensburg.de

      • Dr. Ulrich Schmid
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 4, 1999
          My copy of Swanson was printed in 1995 (Sheffield Academic Press, William Carey
          Inernational University Press). It includes several apparatus, counted from A to
          D plus a lacunae-apparatus. Apparatus B gives the nomina sacra.
          Are there different copies of Swanson's New Testament Greek Manuscripts. Variant
          Readings arranged in horizontal lines against Codex Vaticanus around?

          rlmullen@... wrote:
          > Checked my copy of Swanson. Sorry, he doesn't print nomina sacra in that
          > volume. --ROd Mullen
          >
          > At 12:22 PM 3/4/99 +0200, you wrote:
          > >urgent!
          > >
          > >dear tc-ers,
          > >I knew that this would happen one day, but my booksellers have troubles
          > >with ordering books, as it seems. does anybody have his/her edition of
          > >R.J. Swanson, New Testament Greek Manuscripts: Arranged in Horizontal
          > >Lines against Codex Vaticanus, 1995?
          > >In particular, I am needing of a minor piece of information: does Swanson
          > >print nomina sacra in his editions? I am especially interested in Matthew
          > >26:2 (SRNAI with a stroke above the letters for STAURWQHNAI) and 26:1 (IH
          > >with a stroke for IHSOUS).
          > >Please, help me as fast as possible!!!
          > >Thanks in advance,
          > >
          > >Thomas J. Kraus
          > >Universitaet Regensburg
          > >Kath.-theol. Fakultaet
          > >Universitaetsstr. 31
          > >D-93053 Regensburg
          > >
          > >Tel. + 49 941 943 36 90
          > >Fax. + 49 941 943 19 86
          > >thomas-juergen.kraus@...-regensburg.de

          Dr. Ulrich Schmid
          U.B.Schmid@...
        • Bruce Prior
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 4, 1999
            Thomas and George --
            Actually, NOMINA SACRA are in all of Swanson's volumes currently in
            print. In the Gospels volumes they are found in the notes section B on
            each page. In the Acts volume they are integrated with the main text.
            Specifically, Thomas, besides IS with a stroke for IHSOUS, which is very
            common among manuscripts in Matt 26:1, D and 2 have IHS with stroke
            above, according to Swanson. IH with a stroke is not found in Swanson's
            collection of manuscripts at Matt 26:1. In Matt 26:2, the only
            indicated NOMEN SACRUM for STAURWQHNAI is found in S and 118, where it
            is written STRWQHNAI with a stroke above the rho and omega, according to
            Swanson. I hope this is helpful.
            Bruce Prior Blaine, Washington n7rr@...>

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 4, 1999
              Sorry, I misstated the reference. IHS is only in D. STRWQHNAI is in S
              118 f13 69 124 157 579 788 1071 1346
              Bruce Prior