Re: tc-list urgent: help (swanson)

  • Thomas J. Kraus
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 4, 1999
      > Thomas,
      > I see no nomina sacra in Swanson. Certainly not in Matt 26:1,2.
      > George Howard
      > UGA

      Dear George,
      thanks very much for your help.

      Thomas
      Universitaet Regensburg
      Kath.-theol. Fakultaet
      Universitaetsstr. 31
      D-93053 Regensburg

      Tel. + 49 941 943 36 90
      Fax. + 49 941 943 19 86
      thomas-juergen.kraus@...-regensburg.de
    • Nichael Cramer
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 4, 1999
        Jonathan Ryder wrote:

        > Nichael Cramer wrote:
        >

        > > Their URL is:
        > >
        > > http://www.dfscott.com/bibal%20books/Greek%20Manuscripts.html
        > >
        > > (If you have trouble with the weird characters, just start at:
        > >
        > > http://www.dfscott.com/bibal/ )
        > >

        > Can't get to either of these?
        >
        > Jonathan Ryder

        Sorry,

        I managed to mistype both of these:

        The corrected versions:

        http://www.dfscott.com/bibal%20books/Greek%20Manuscripts.htm

        and

        http://www.dfscott.com/bibal.htm

        (Note the final file-extensions)

        Nichael

        --
        Nichael Cramer
        work: ncramer@...

        (This'll teach me to type before I've had my Dr Pepper in the morning...)
      • Dr. Ulrich Schmid
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 4, 1999
          George,

          you better checked the B-apparatus in Swanson!

          Thomas,

          of course Swanson gives nomina sacra. In Mat 26.1 Swanson gives IS (usual) and
          IHS (D = 05) and in 26.2 STRWQHNAI (family 13 inter alia).

          George Howard wrote:
          > Thomas,
          > I see no nomina sacra in Swanson. Certainly not in Matt 26:1,2.
          > George Howard
          > UGA
          >
          > Thomas J. Kraus wrote:
          >
          > > urgent!
          > >
          > > dear tc-ers,
          > > I knew that this would happen one day, but my booksellers have troubles
          > > with ordering books, as it seems. does anybody have his/her edition of
          > > R.J. Swanson, New Testament Greek Manuscripts: Arranged in Horizontal
          > > Lines against Codex Vaticanus, 1995?
          > > In particular, I am needing of a minor piece of information: does Swanson
          > > print nomina sacra in his editions? I am especially interested in Matthew
          > > 26:2 (SRNAI with a stroke above the letters for STAURWQHNAI) and 26:1 (IH
          > > with a stroke for IHSOUS).
          > > Please, help me as fast as possible!!!
          > > Thanks in advance,

          Dr. Ulrich Schmid
          U.B.Schmid@...
        • rlmullen@netpath.net
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 4, 1999
            Checked my copy of Swanson. Sorry, he doesn't print nomina sacra in that
            volume. --ROd Mullen

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 4, 1999
              My copy of Swanson was printed in 1995 (Sheffield Academic Press, William Carey
              Inernational University Press). It includes several apparatus, counted from A to
              D plus a lacunae-apparatus. Apparatus B gives the nomina sacra.
              Are there different copies of Swanson's New Testament Greek Manuscripts. Variant
              Readings arranged in horizontal lines against Codex Vaticanus around?

              rlmullen@... wrote:
              > Checked my copy of Swanson. Sorry, he doesn't print nomina sacra in that
              > volume. --ROd Mullen
              >
              > At 12:22 PM 3/4/99 +0200, you wrote:
              > >urgent!
              > >
              > >dear tc-ers,
              > >I knew that this would happen one day, but my booksellers have troubles
              > >with ordering books, as it seems. does anybody have his/her edition of
              > >R.J. Swanson, New Testament Greek Manuscripts: Arranged in Horizontal
              > >Lines against Codex Vaticanus, 1995?
              > >In particular, I am needing of a minor piece of information: does Swanson
              > >print nomina sacra in his editions? I am especially interested in Matthew
              > >26:2 (SRNAI with a stroke above the letters for STAURWQHNAI) and 26:1 (IH
              > >with a stroke for IHSOUS).
              > >Please, help me as fast as possible!!!
              > >Thanks in advance,
              > >
              > >Thomas J. Kraus
              > >Universitaet Regensburg
              > >Kath.-theol. Fakultaet
              > >Universitaetsstr. 31
              > >D-93053 Regensburg
              > >
              > >Tel. + 49 941 943 36 90
              > >Fax. + 49 941 943 19 86
              > >thomas-juergen.kraus@...-regensburg.de

              Dr. Ulrich Schmid
              U.B.Schmid@...
            • Bruce Prior
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 4, 1999
                Thomas and George --
                Actually, NOMINA SACRA are in all of Swanson's volumes currently in
                print. In the Gospels volumes they are found in the notes section B on
                each page. In the Acts volume they are integrated with the main text.
                Specifically, Thomas, besides IS with a stroke for IHSOUS, which is very
                common among manuscripts in Matt 26:1, D and 2 have IHS with stroke
                above, according to Swanson. IH with a stroke is not found in Swanson's
                collection of manuscripts at Matt 26:1. In Matt 26:2, the only
                indicated NOMEN SACRUM for STAURWQHNAI is found in S and 118, where it
                is written STRWQHNAI with a stroke above the rho and omega, according to
                Swanson. I hope this is helpful.
                Bruce Prior Blaine, Washington n7rr@...>

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 4, 1999
                  Sorry, I misstated the reference. IHS is only in D. STRWQHNAI is in S
                  118 f13 69 124 157 579 788 1071 1346
                  Bruce Prior