tc-list corrections in 010

  • Vinton A. Dearing
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27 10:36 AM
      I would be grateful for opinions as to the corrections written above
      the lines in 010. I have been working with Titus (ffol. 126v-129v),
      but the same sort of corrections may appear elsewhere (not in
      Philemon). The letters are slightly smaller than in the main text but
      seem to have the same forms. Are they the work of a second hand?
      If anyone out there is at Cambridge, perhaps you could look at the
      manuscript (Trinity College B.XVII.1 according to Aland) for
      differences in the ink that do not show in photos.
      Vinton A. Dearing
    • DC PARKER
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 1999
        These corrections are described (p. xxxiii),and listed and
        divided between: prima manu, secunda manu (the most active), and
        recenti manu (pp. 273-84) by Scrivener in_An ExactTranscript of the
        Codex Augiensis_

        This is at least the place to start an examination of them.

        DR DC PARKER
        READER IN NEW TESTAMENT TEXTUAL CRITICISM AND PALAEOGRAPHY
        DEPT OF THEOLOGY
        UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM
        TEL. 0121-414 3613
        FAX 0121-414 6866