tc-list P. Egerton 2 and Luke 6:4 D

  • Wieland Willker
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 1999
      Since I am collecting the canonical parallels for Papyrus Egerton 2, maybe I
      see parallels now everywhere, but I would like to ask you about this one:

      Egerton line 2 - 5:
      2 [................. kai eipen] toiv nomikoiv:
      3 [kolazete pa]nta ton paraprass[onta]
      4 [kai ano]mon kai mh eme. [...........]
      5 [..........]opoiei pwv poie[i.]
      Reconstructions from Bell/Skeat. The letter before the "o" of opoiei is
      possibly an "n" or an "m" or an "i".

      Luke 6:4 (Jesus and the Sabbath) Codex Bezae adds:
      th auth hmera qeasamenov tina ergazomenon tw sabbatw eipen autw.
      anqrwpe, ei men oidav ti poieiv, makariov ei.
      ei de mh oidav, epikataratov kai parabathv ei tou nomou.

      Is there a correlation, to what extent and how can this help for a
      reconstruction of line 4 - 5?
      What do you think?

      Best wishes
      Wieland
      ------------------------
      Wieland Willker
      willker@...-bremen.de
      http://purl.org/WILLKER/index.html
      Egerton Homepage: http://purl.org/WILLKER/Egerton/Egerton_home.html
      Secret Mark Homepage: http://purl.org/WILLKER/Secret/secmark_home.html
    • Wieland Willker
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 19, 1999
        I have just rediscovered this mail below and realized that no one has
        replied to it. Though this is no psychological problem for me :-), I would
        nevertheless like to recieve ideas and opinions about possible
        reconstructions of line 4-5.
        Thanks in advance!