tc-list PAPYRUS EGERTON 2

  • Wieland Willker
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 1998
      > From: Dave Washburn <dwashbur@...>
      > > The PAPYRUS EGERTON 2 Homepage
      > > http://purl.org/WILLKER/Egerton/Egerton_home.html
      >
      > This page is very well organized and the images are excellent as
      > far as I can
      > tell. I don't know that much about this topic so I can't comment
      > too much on
      > the content; however, one thing that strikes me about the page that
      shows
      > typical letters is that there appear, to my untrained eye, to be
      > at least two
      > hands represented in the scripts. Has anyone else commented on
      > this, or does
      > anybody else here have any thoughts?

      No one else has ever mentioned this. Can you give specific examples? The
      letters which are bigger than the others are from the beginning of a
      line or from the beginning of a new sentence. When you look at the
      images of the complete fragments you will see a quite constant script.

      Best wishes
      Wieland
      Wieland Willker
      willker@...-bremen.de