Re: tc-list Lk 22:62 in 0171

  • William L. Petersen
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 8, 1998
      Thank you, David. As usual, a mastery of the bibliography is the first
      step to both properly defining a problem and then solving it.

      --Petersen, Penn State University.

      At 12:51 PM 12/8/98 +0000, you wrote:
      >There is ana rticle by J.N. Birdsall, 'A fresh examination of the
      >fragments of the gospel of St. Luke in ms. 0171 and an attempted
      >reconstruction with special reference to the recto', "Philologische
      >Sacra" (F/S H.J. Frede & W. Thiele), ed. R. Gryson, Freiburg 1993,
      >212-227.
      >
      >He presents the evidence which led me to be so definite in my
      >statement in "The Living Text of the Gospels". He also provides an
      >account of different views which explains the confusion to which our
      >attention has been drawn.
      >
      >David Parker
      >

      >DR DC PARKER
      >READER IN NEW TESTAMENT TEXTUAL CRITICISM AND PALAEOGRAPHY
      >DEPT OF THEOLOGY
      >UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM
      >TEL. 0121-414 3613
      >FAX 0121-414 6866
      >E-MAIL PARKERDC@...

    • DC PARKER
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 9, 1998
        Dear Bill

        Quite.

        Good to see you in Mickie Mouseland. I thought that our debate was
        really valuable, because you were willing to be provocative - greatly
        enjoyed it.

        best wishes

        David

        DR DC PARKER
        READER IN NEW TESTAMENT TEXTUAL CRITICISM AND PALAEOGRAPHY
        DEPT OF THEOLOGY
        UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM
        TEL. 0121-414 3613
        FAX 0121-414 6866
        E-MAIL PARKERDC@...
      • Ulrich Schmid
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 10, 1998
          Thanks a lot for the reference to Birdsall's article. Let me, however,
          correct a minor typo: The publication is called "Philologia Sacra". Again,
          thanks.

          Ulrich Schmid

          -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
          Von: DC PARKER <Parkerdc@...>