Re: tc-list Lk 22:62 in 0171

  • DC PARKER
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 8, 1998
      There is ana rticle by J.N. Birdsall, 'A fresh examination of the
      fragments of the gospel of St. Luke in ms. 0171 and an attempted
      reconstruction with special reference to the recto', "Philologische
      Sacra" (F/S H.J. Frede & W. Thiele), ed. R. Gryson, Freiburg 1993,
      212-227.

      He presents the evidence which led me to be so definite in my
      statement in "The Living Text of the Gospels". He also provides an
      account of different views which explains the confusion to which our
      attention has been drawn.

      David Parker

      DR DC PARKER
      READER IN NEW TESTAMENT TEXTUAL CRITICISM AND PALAEOGRAPHY
      DEPT OF THEOLOGY
      UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM
      TEL. 0121-414 3613
      FAX 0121-414 6866
      E-MAIL PARKERDC@...
    • William L. Petersen
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 8, 1998
        Thank you, David. As usual, a mastery of the bibliography is the first
        step to both properly defining a problem and then solving it.

        --Petersen, Penn State University.

        At 12:51 PM 12/8/98 +0000, you wrote:
        >There is ana rticle by J.N. Birdsall, 'A fresh examination of the
        >fragments of the gospel of St. Luke in ms. 0171 and an attempted
        >reconstruction with special reference to the recto', "Philologische
        >Sacra" (F/S H.J. Frede & W. Thiele), ed. R. Gryson, Freiburg 1993,
        >212-227.
        >
        >He presents the evidence which led me to be so definite in my
        >statement in "The Living Text of the Gospels". He also provides an
        >account of different views which explains the confusion to which our
        >attention has been drawn.
        >
        >David Parker
        >

        >DR DC PARKER
        >READER IN NEW TESTAMENT TEXTUAL CRITICISM AND PALAEOGRAPHY
        >DEPT OF THEOLOGY
        >UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM
        >TEL. 0121-414 3613
        >FAX 0121-414 6866
        >E-MAIL PARKERDC@...

      • DC PARKER
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 9, 1998
          Dear Bill

          Quite.

          Good to see you in Mickie Mouseland. I thought that our debate was
          really valuable, because you were willing to be provocative - greatly
          enjoyed it.

          best wishes

          David

          DR DC PARKER
          READER IN NEW TESTAMENT TEXTUAL CRITICISM AND PALAEOGRAPHY
          DEPT OF THEOLOGY
          UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM
          TEL. 0121-414 3613
          FAX 0121-414 6866
          E-MAIL PARKERDC@...
        • Ulrich Schmid
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 10, 1998
            Thanks a lot for the reference to Birdsall's article. Let me, however,
            correct a minor typo: The publication is called "Philologia Sacra". Again,
            thanks.

            Ulrich Schmid

            -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
            Von: DC PARKER <Parkerdc@...>