Re: tc-list Lk 22:62 in 0171

  • Stephen C. Carlson
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 1998
      At 12:22 PM 12/4/98 +0100, Ulrich Schmid wrote:
      >This is a puzzling situation. The following questions come to mind:
      >
      >1) What do we find in GNT-4? Unfortunately, I cannot check it right now...

      My copy of GNT-4 under Lk22:62 says "... omit verse 62 0171vid it^(a, b, e,
      ff2, i, l, r1)" aside from formatting that I cannot reproduce.

      >2) Are there any new studies on 0171 after K.Aland, Alter und Entstehung
      >des D-Textes im Neuen Testament. Betrachtungen zu P 69 und 0171;
      >Miscellania Papirologica Ramon Roca-Puig (Barcelona 1987) representing
      >something of a consensus regarding 0171's testimony for Lk 22:62?

      >3) What might be the exact meaning of Swanson's "(Lk 22:)62 om. 0171 (Aland cj.)"?
      >a) The conjecture was proposed by Aland?, or
      >b) it is found in an edition somehow related with Aland?, or
      >c) ???

      My copy of Aland's 1964 Synopsis lists "vs 0171 it" in favor of the omission.

      Stephen Carlson
      --
      Stephen C. Carlson mailto:scarlson@...
    • DC PARKER
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 8, 1998
        There is ana rticle by J.N. Birdsall, 'A fresh examination of the
        fragments of the gospel of St. Luke in ms. 0171 and an attempted
        reconstruction with special reference to the recto', "Philologische
        Sacra" (F/S H.J. Frede & W. Thiele), ed. R. Gryson, Freiburg 1993,
        212-227.

        He presents the evidence which led me to be so definite in my
        statement in "The Living Text of the Gospels". He also provides an
        account of different views which explains the confusion to which our
        attention has been drawn.

        David Parker

        DR DC PARKER
        READER IN NEW TESTAMENT TEXTUAL CRITICISM AND PALAEOGRAPHY
        DEPT OF THEOLOGY
        UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM
        TEL. 0121-414 3613
        FAX 0121-414 6866
        E-MAIL PARKERDC@...
      • William L. Petersen
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 8, 1998
          Thank you, David. As usual, a mastery of the bibliography is the first
          step to both properly defining a problem and then solving it.

          --Petersen, Penn State University.

          At 12:51 PM 12/8/98 +0000, you wrote:
          >There is ana rticle by J.N. Birdsall, 'A fresh examination of the
          >fragments of the gospel of St. Luke in ms. 0171 and an attempted
          >reconstruction with special reference to the recto', "Philologische
          >Sacra" (F/S H.J. Frede & W. Thiele), ed. R. Gryson, Freiburg 1993,
          >212-227.
          >
          >He presents the evidence which led me to be so definite in my
          >statement in "The Living Text of the Gospels". He also provides an
          >account of different views which explains the confusion to which our
          >attention has been drawn.
          >
          >David Parker
          >

          >DR DC PARKER
          >READER IN NEW TESTAMENT TEXTUAL CRITICISM AND PALAEOGRAPHY
          >DEPT OF THEOLOGY
          >UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM
          >TEL. 0121-414 3613
          >FAX 0121-414 6866
          >E-MAIL PARKERDC@...

        • DC PARKER
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 9, 1998
            Dear Bill

            Quite.

            Good to see you in Mickie Mouseland. I thought that our debate was
            really valuable, because you were willing to be provocative - greatly
            enjoyed it.

            best wishes

            David

            DR DC PARKER
            READER IN NEW TESTAMENT TEXTUAL CRITICISM AND PALAEOGRAPHY
            DEPT OF THEOLOGY
            UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM
            TEL. 0121-414 3613
            FAX 0121-414 6866
            E-MAIL PARKERDC@...
          • Ulrich Schmid
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 10, 1998
              Thanks a lot for the reference to Birdsall's article. Let me, however,
              correct a minor typo: The publication is called "Philologia Sacra". Again,
              thanks.

              Ulrich Schmid

              -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
              Von: DC PARKER <Parkerdc@...>