Re: tc-list Jn 19.30 in the versions

  • Jean VALENTIN
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 1969
      >John 19:28 VULGATE reads:
      > postea sciens Iesus quia iam >omnia< consummata sunt ut consummaretur
      >scriptura dicit sitio.
      >Therefore, I can't accept your point.

      Thanks for underlining - I think I read that text too quickly the other
      day (I must have been tired :-). So OK for the theoretical possibility of
      an independent harmonization with vs. 28, like you say. It should indeed
      be considered. I would accept it as the most likely solution were there
      only a few witnesses to it. But here, there's a massive agreement of so
      many different texts that I prefer a genealogical connection. But you are
      right to examine all the possibilities, and this is one.

      Jean V.

      Jean Valentin - Bruxelles - Belgique
      e-mail: jgvalentin@...