Re: tc-list Downloads of NT papyri

  • Mark Goodacre
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9, 1998
      On 9 Sep 98 at 9:01, Thomas J. Kraus wrote:

      > does anybody know if there are any high quality images (*.gif; *.jpg) of NT
      > papyri in the web? I need good colour pictures for my lectures on textual
      > criticism and palaeography, which then I can present via a notebook and a
      > beamer to my students. Any suggestions helps! Thanks, Thomas

      Have you looked at the recent addition to Oxford's Oxyrhynchus site
      ("Oxyrhynchus: A City and Its Texts")?

      http://www.csad.ox.ac.uk/POxy/VExhibition/vexhframe_hi.htm

      It features excellent images of six Matthew papyri (nos. 4401-6) and Jude
      (2684).

      Mark Goodacre
      --------------------------------------
      Dept of Theology Tel: +44 (0)121 414 7512
      University of Birmingham Fax: +44 (0)121 414 6866
      Birmingham B15 2TT
      United Kingdom

      World Without Q: http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/q
    • Jim West
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 9, 1998
        At 09:01 AM 9/9/98 +0200, you wrote:
        >Hello TCers,
        >does anybody know if there are any high quality images (*.gif; *.jpg) of
        >NT papyri in the web? I need good colour pictures for my lectures on
        >textual criticism and palaeography, which then I can present via a
        >notebook and a beamer to my students.
        >Any suggestions helps!
        >Thanks,

        Yes- Go to the TC list web page, and there you will find an abundance of
        links...

        Or- do a search on Excite or Altavista. There are lots of mss out there.

        >Thomas

        Good hunting,

        Jim

        Jim West, ThD