Re: tc-list Quality of fragment photos

  • Mark Goodacre
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 9, 1998
      On 9 Sep 98 at 8:56, Thomas J. Kraus wrote:

      > . . . . what you may have
      > already found, you´ll find any picture in the literature given under the
      > following (http://www.teleport.com/~cabern/andrew/primary/grospels.html)

      A quick correction: the URL is:

      http://www.teleport.com/~cabern/andrew/primary/gospels.html

      Mark
      --------------------------------------
      Dept of Theology Tel: +44 (0)121 414 7512
      University of Birmingham Fax: +44 (0)121 414 6866
      Birmingham B15 2TT
      United Kingdom

      World Without Q: http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/q
    • Wieland Willker
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 11, 1998
        > Unfortunately, I do not agree with you about the quality of the photos
        > contained in Thiede=B4s and D=B4Ancona=B4s "popular bestseller" about the
        > Magdalen fragments. Despite the requested and among papyrologists and
        > palaeographers undisputed method of publishing a papyrus, the tiny Qumran
        > fragment 7Q5 as well as the Magdalen fragments are reproduced with a deep
        > blue background. But only a white background enables the observer to
        > distinguish between holes in a papyrus and ink blots.

        Hallo Thomas,

        you are right on everything.
        What I meant was just the quality of the photography ITSELF not its presentation (and manipulation).
        About requesting photos from the British Museum, I have not much hope...

        Best wishes
        Wieland

        -----
        Original Message: http://www.findmail.com/list/tc-list/?start=4489