tc-list Downloads of NT papyri

  • Thomas J. Kraus
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9, 1998
      Hello TCers,
      does anybody know if there are any high quality images (*.gif; *.jpg) of
      NT papyri in the web? I need good colour pictures for my lectures on
      textual criticism and palaeography, which then I can present via a
      notebook and a beamer to my students.
      Any suggestions helps!
      Thanks,
      Thomas

      Universität Regensburg
      Kath.-theol. Fakultät
      Universitätsstr. 31
      D-93053 Regensburg

      Tel. + 49 941 943 36 90
      Fax. + 49 941 943 19 86
      thomas-juergen.kraus@...-regensburg.de
    • Mark Goodacre
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 9, 1998
        On 9 Sep 98 at 9:01, Thomas J. Kraus wrote:

        > does anybody know if there are any high quality images (*.gif; *.jpg) of NT
        > papyri in the web? I need good colour pictures for my lectures on textual
        > criticism and palaeography, which then I can present via a notebook and a
        > beamer to my students. Any suggestions helps! Thanks, Thomas

        Have you looked at the recent addition to Oxford's Oxyrhynchus site
        ("Oxyrhynchus: A City and Its Texts")?

        http://www.csad.ox.ac.uk/POxy/VExhibition/vexhframe_hi.htm

        It features excellent images of six Matthew papyri (nos. 4401-6) and Jude
        (2684).

        Mark Goodacre
        --------------------------------------
        Dept of Theology Tel: +44 (0)121 414 7512
        University of Birmingham Fax: +44 (0)121 414 6866
        Birmingham B15 2TT
        United Kingdom

        World Without Q: http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/q
      • Jim West
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 9, 1998
          At 09:01 AM 9/9/98 +0200, you wrote:
          >Hello TCers,
          >does anybody know if there are any high quality images (*.gif; *.jpg) of
          >NT papyri in the web? I need good colour pictures for my lectures on
          >textual criticism and palaeography, which then I can present via a
          >notebook and a beamer to my students.
          >Any suggestions helps!
          >Thanks,

          Yes- Go to the TC list web page, and there you will find an abundance of
          links...

          Or- do a search on Excite or Altavista. There are lots of mss out there.

          >Thomas

          Good hunting,

          Jim

          Jim West, ThD