Re: tc-list Syriac pipi and hehe

  • Jean VALENTIN
    Message 1 of 37 , Dec 31, 1969
      >Jean, What do you find in your Arabic manuscripts in Matt 4:7 and John
      >21:7? Do you find any abbreviation of the divine name in any form elsewhere
      >in the text?
      No, I've never seen such things in Arabic mss.

      Jean V.

      Jean Valentin - Bruxelles - Belgique
      e-mail: jgvalentin@...
      "Allons enfants de la brasserie, le jour de boire est arrivé"
      (proverbe belge)
    • William L. Petersen
      Message 37 of 37 , Sep 23 12:24 PM
        Just a note to interested list members: the forthcoming article to which I
        alluded in my *TC* review article "Some Observations on a Recent Edition of
        and Introduction to Shem-Tob's 'Hebrew Matthew'" (available at
        <http://scholar.cc.emory.edu/scripts/TC/vol03/Petersen1998a.html>) has now
        been published. It is in the print journal *New Testament Studies,* Vol.
        44 (1998), no. 4, pp. 490-512, which just appeared. The article presents
        14 additional agreements between Shem-Tob's Hebrew Matthew and the Middle
        Dutch Liege Harmony.

        --Petersen, Penn State University.