tc-list 1) Briggs on Psalms; 2) Bagras

  • Ian Hutchesson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 1998
      Hello all.

      Could someone please tell me what the current view of the analyses of Briggs
      in the ICC series on the Psalms is. He uses poetic metrical forms to locate
      glosses in a psalm text, ie when metrical form is disrupted by what seems to
      be the insertion of materials that don't evince the same physical
      characteristics.

      I was also wondering if anyone could give me references in the Rabbis to a
      person known as Bagras who was responsible for crucifying people. (Are there
      any datable indications?)

      Thanks,

      Ian

      Ian Hutchesson