Re: tc-list Dan 11:30

  • Dave Washburn
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 25 5:17 PM
      Ian wrote:
      > The LXX is not internal evidence. You will find that the DSS do favour LXX
      > readings at times over the MT. I can see no reason why you would favour the
      > MT reading here over the LXX, given the evidence we have.

      I have to cry "foul" on this one, Ian. Simply saying that the DSS
      "do favour LXX readings at times" says nothing about what they are
      likely to preserve in Daniel 11:30. Fact is, as far as I can find
      this verse isn't preserved in the published DSS. However, 4QDan(c)
      preserves the four verses before it and follows MT readings. I
      haven't seen a single reading among the DSS of Daniel that supports
      an LXX reading, so invoking the DSS at this point seems a little, um,
      inappropriate?
      Dave Washburn
      http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
      When in doubt, go for chocolate. Life is too short
      not to.
    • Jonathan Dixon
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 26 3:04 AM
        How do I disconnect from this list?

        Jon
        "Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man
        who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away
        and immediately forgets what he looks like." (James 1:23-24, NIV)
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 26 8:11 AM
          At 07.04 26/08/98 -0300, you wrote:
          >How do I disconnect from this list?
          >
          >Jon