Re: tc-list Re: Textual Harmonies between Text Types

  • Troy DeJongh
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 18, 1998
      Nelson D. Roth writes:

      > Recently I viewed a series of debates which dealt with, among other issues,
      > the degree of textual harmony that exists between the recognized text types.
      > One participant mentioned that it had been documented, by Dr. Daniel B.
      > Wallace, of Dallas Theological Seminary, that the textual harmony between the
      > Western, Byzantine, Alexandrian, etc. types was as high as 98%.
      > I've read various attempts to provide reasonable estimates of the harmony that
      > exists. This is my first exposure to a reference of textual harmony so high.
      > Can anyone provide additonal information regarding this figure.
      >
      > Blessings,
      >
      > Nelson Roth, Dayton, TN, USA

      For the benefit of the other members of this list, the paper where
      Wallace makes this statement is located at:

      http://www.bible.org/docs/soapbox/91b2.htm

      (Search for the word "percent").

      Additionally, a list of 13 of his papers on NT TC is at:

      http://www.bible.org/docs/soapbox/soaptoc.htm

      --
      Troy DeJongh troyd@... http://www1.euler.com/~troyd
    • Troy DeJongh
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 18, 1998
        Please disregard the message below. I was assuming it was in the bit bucket
        when I resent a modified version of the message below several days ago. I
        don't know why "the lost version" just showed up now...