Re: tc-list Codex B Photocopies?

  • Carlton Winbery
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 13, 1998
      >We have Kirsopp Lake's photographs of Vaticanus here. What passages do you
      >need and please supply a fax number

      Keven, could you send me the bibliographic info from the title page of
      Vaticanus. I have some money and am thinking of purchasing a published
      facsimile if possible. We have the Bodmer and Beatty Papyri and the
      Sinaiticus in published form. We also have a number of minuscules on
      microfilm. They are good for introducing majors to simple paliographical
      features of TC.

      Thanks,

      Carlton
    • D.R. Edwards
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 13, 1998
        My apologies in advance is this turns out to be a case of a lurker asking a
        laughably simple question. In any event, would anyone know how (assuming
        it's possible) one would get photocopies of any portions of B (G of Mark, in
        particular)? I've seen the occasional image posted on a web site or two,
        but I've been unable to find anything further.

        Thanks in advance.
      • Kevin W. Woodruff
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 13, 1998
          We have Kirsopp Lake's photographs of Vaticanus here. What passages do you
          need and please supply a fax number

          Kevin

          At 09:43 AM 8/13/98 -0400, you wrote:
          >My apologies in advance is this turns out to be a case of a lurker asking a
          >laughably simple question. In any event, would anyone know how (assuming
          >it's possible) one would get photocopies of any portions of B (G of Mark, in
          >particular)? I've seen the occasional image posted on a web site or two,
          >but I've been unable to find anything further.
          >
          >Thanks in advance.

          Kevin W. Woodruff, M.Div.
          Library Director/Reference Librarian
          Cierpke Memorial Library
          1815 Union Ave.
          Chattanooga, Tennessee 37404
          United States of America
          423/493-4252 (office)
          423/698-9447 (home)
          423/493-4497 (FAX)
          Cierpke@... (preferred)
          kwoodruf@... (alternate)
        • Dave Washburn
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 13, 1998
            > We have Kirsopp Lake's photographs of Vaticanus here. What passages do you
            > need and please supply a fax number

            What would you charge to make a copy of the entire thing? Please
            contact me off-list...
            Dave Washburn
            http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
            When in doubt, go for chocolate. Life is too short
            not to.
          • Maurice Taraschi
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 13, 1998
              D.R. Edwards wrote:

              > My apologies in advance is this turns out to be a case of a lurker asking a
              > laughably simple question. In any event, would anyone know how (assuming
              > it's possible) one would get photocopies of any portions of B (G of Mark, in
              > particular)? I've seen the occasional image posted on a web site or two,
              > but I've been unable to find anything further.
              >
              > Thanks in advance.

              you might also want to check with Hill Monastic Manuscript Library on the web
              at:

              http://www.csbsju.edu/hmml/
            • Kevin W. Woodruff
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 13, 1998
                Dr. Winbery:

                The info we have says:

                Bibliorum Sacrum Graecus Codex Vaticanus auspice Pio IX. Pontifice Maximo
                collatis studiis Caroli Vercellone Sodalis Barnabitae et Ioseph Cozza
                Monachi Basiliani editus. Originally Published in 1868. Reproduced by Brown
                and Thomas, Detroit Michigan, 1982.