tc-list C. Hedrick and the Clement letter

  • Wieland Willker
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 10, 1998
      C. Hedrick told me:

      > huh? Someone is very confused.
      > I have read the book "The Secret Gospel", but haven't seen the
      > document (except as it is quoted in the book).

      So, the rumour, that he saw the ms in Jerusalem seems to be not true.
      :-(

      Next year in Jerusalem?

      Best wishes
      Wieland
    • Yuri Kuchinsky
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 11, 1998
        Dear Wieland,

        Thank you very much for this correction. So it seems like Prof. Hedrick
        did not see the ms after all. I will try to find more information about
        this rumour (yes, it was only an unverified rumour, I suppose) that I've
        reported here. Perhaps it was someone else who saw this ms recently, and
        not Prof. Hedrick? I will report any new information I come across.

        Best wishes,

        Yuri.

        p.s.
        To the best of my knowledge, this ms is not currently in Jerusalem, but in
        Istambul, where the headquarters of this religious order is located.

        On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Wieland Willker wrote:

        > C. Hedrick told me:
        >
        > > huh? Someone is very confused.
        > > I have read the book "The Secret Gospel", but haven't seen the
        > > document (except as it is quoted in the book).
        >
        > So, the rumour, that he saw the ms in Jerusalem seems to be not true.
        > :-(
        >
        > Next year in Jerusalem?
        >
        > Best wishes
        > Wieland

      • Wieland Willker
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 14, 1998
          Oops, I am very sorry,

          this is what I got today:
          --------------------------
          From: Charles HEDRICK <hedrick@...>
          I think this is referring to a different Charles Hedrick. While Hedrick

          isn't a common name, there are others. E.g. the chair of the history
          dept
          at UCSC is Charles Hedrick, and I believe I've heard of a religion
          scholar
          by that name. I don't go by "Charlie".
          --------------------------

          I just searched the email with some search-engine and I was pretty sure
          after getting his first reply that there couldn't be two people with the
          name Charles Hedrick having read the book "The Secret Gospel...". I now
          know better!
          Maybe some other listmember has a luckier hand in getting in contact
          with THE Charles Hedrick?

          Please accept my sincere apologies for raising this confusion.

          Best wishes
          Wieland
        • Yuri Kuchinsky
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 15, 1998
            Dear Wieland,

            Thanks for this further note. Yes, we can all get confused by these
            strange coincidences. Seems like all this is in line with the rest of the
            strange and tangled story of SecMk. Some weird coincidences there as well.

            Mahlon Smith further clarified that _his_ Charles Hedric is Professor of
            Religious Studies at Southwest Missouri State. His basic credentials can
            be found on the Fellows page of the new Westar website:

            http://westarinstitute.org/Fellows/Hedrick/hedrick.html

            And he is active in Jesus Seminar.

            Best wishes,

            Yuri.

            On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Wieland Willker wrote:

            > Oops, I am very sorry,
            >
            > this is what I got today:
            > --------------------------
            > From: Charles HEDRICK <hedrick@...>
            > I think this is referring to a different Charles Hedrick. While Hedrick
            >
            > isn't a common name, there are others. E.g. the chair of the history
            > dept at UCSC is Charles Hedrick, and I believe I've heard of a
            > religion scholar by that name. I don't go by "Charlie".
            > --------------------------
            >
            > I just searched the email with some search-engine and I was pretty
            > sure after getting his first reply that there couldn't be two people
            > with the name Charles Hedrick having read the book "The Secret
            > Gospel...". I now know better! Maybe some other listmember has a
            > luckier hand in getting in contact with THE Charles Hedrick?
            >

            > Please accept my sincere apologies for raising this confusion.
            >
            > Best wishes
            > Wieland

            Yuri Kuchinsky || Toronto

            http://www.trends.net/~yuku/bbl/bbl.htm

            equivalent to becoming God -=O=- Julian
          • Julio Anjos
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 17, 1998
              But is it confirmed that this one saw the Secret Gospel Letter?

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 17, 1998
                On Mon, 17 Aug 1998, Julio Anjos wrote:

                > But is it confirmed that this one saw the Secret Gospel Letter?

                As far as I know, Julio.

                As I said originally, this came to me in a word of mouth sort of way. I
                don't know more about it than I've reported here. But this information was
                too relevant to disregard, so I've mentioned it in the context of
                discussing the current status of SecMk.

                Please take this with a caveat.

                Best wishes,

                Yuri.