tc-list Large edition/apparatus of John ?

  • Jean VALENTIN
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 1969
      A little question about edition with large apparatuses. Is there any
      instrument for the Gospel of John that compares to Legg's editions of Mt
      and Mk, and to the two Oxford volumes of Lk? By this, I mean: a recent
      edition and with an extended apparatus criticus?

      If not: some of you wrote to the list about the IGNTP project for John.
      Is this project going to produce such an edition, and when is it expected
      to be available?

      Thanks you for your informations.

      Jean Valentin - Bruxelles - Belgique
      e-mail: jgvalentin@...
      "Ce qui est trop simple est faux, ce qui est trop complexe est
      inutilisable"
      "What's too simple is wrong, what's too complex is unusable"
      "Wat te eenvoudig is, is verkeerd; wat te ingewikkeld is, is onbruikbaar"
    • Mr A.J.A. LABOUCHERE
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 21, 1998
        RE the IGNTP of John:

        Work is underway on John, along the lines of the IGNTP Luke volumes. When
        it will appear is unknown; it is possible that it might be available in
        electronic form (a web site?) before it makes it into print. Bits and
        pieces are also appearing as time goes on--for example:

        David Parker's volume on the papyri of John (published last year or 2 years
        ago?) is part of the project; the NIAS Diatessaron project of this last
        year will also result in an independent publication (we hope) with the text
        of John in the various Diatessaronic witnesses.

        Time lines for such a task--which relies heavily on volunteer work--are
        difficult to project.

        --Petersen, Penn State University.
      • Vincent Broman
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 21, 1998