Re: tc-list P1 - Use of Nomina Sacra?

  • Andrew Payne
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 18, 1998
      Are you interested in the presence or absence of Nomina Sacra in the
      Gospel of Matthew only? Recently I did some collation in Gregory 1192
      in the second half of the Gospel of John and it occasionally spelled out
      Iesou Xristou and Theou as well, although the overwhelming majority of
      the time it used Nomina Sacra.

      Andrew Payne

      Mark Gipe wrote:

      > Can anyone help me in this question?
      >
      > Greek NT Manuscript P1 contains Matthew 1:1-9,12&14-20.
      >
      > I did not have a photo of it!
      >
      > In Reuben Swanson's book "New Testament Greek Manuscripts" - vol #1 Matthew
      > he does not site it as using the Nomina Sacra for "Iesou Xristou". Does any
      > one know if this is correct? ( I am waiting for P. Comfort's new book with
      > photos )
      >
      > Also does anyone know of other old Greek NT manuscripts which do not used
      > Nomina Sacra for either "God, Lord, Jesus, or Christ" ? or ones that are hit
      > and miss?
      >
      > Please let me know
      >
      > Thanks much
      >
      > Mark Gipe
    • Mark Gipe
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 21, 1998
        to Andrew Payne

        Thanks very much Andrew for your e-mail I am very interrested in seeing your
        work on Gregory 1192 and the Nomina Sacra. Could it be E-mailed? or is it in
        print? or copy you copy it or fax it. let me know please.

        Thanks
        Mark Gipe
        USA
        (760) 436-8165 voice