tc-list Latin Bibles

  • Mark Gipe
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 1998
      I am by no means a Latin Scholar. I only have 2 copies of the Bible in
      Latin. One is "Biblia Sacra Vulgata" by Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft 4th
      printing 1994. The other is a copy of Matthew which has different readings
      from what the "Biblia Sacra Vulgata" does. The "Biblia Sacra Vulgata" does
      not even have these readings in it's footnotes at all.

      My question is this "Does anyone know where I may find other texts of the
      Bible in Latin still in print?
      Which state which manuscripts it quotes.

      Thanks much

      Mark Gipe
      gipe@...
    • Johan Lust
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 17, 1998
        Dear,

        A critical edition of the Vulgar latin text has been published in Rome:
        Typis polyglottis vaticanis (18 vols. Gen 1976 - 1&2Macc 1995).
        Greetings
        Johan Lust