Re: tc-list (off-topic) French-English Bible

  • Mike & Jeanne Arcieri
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7 9:25 PM
      Francisco Orozco wrote:

      > TCers,
      > Please excuse the off-topic request. I am searching for a French-English
      > Bible (side by side translations). If someone can direct me to a source I
      > will be most grateful.
      > Thank you,

      Francisco,

      I'm deducing that this parallel Bible is to be used in "matching" the English and French.
      I'm not quite sure of what purpose such a parallel Bible would be, since it will most likely
      be the KJV text and Louis Segond text. Besides the fact that both were translated from
      different Greek texts, any attempt at "matching" the English and French would be futile. If
      your query is on what the French Bible says, then a recently published French Interlinear
      (1993) would be of much better use. It contains the NA text, a literal interlinear french
      translation, and the TOB (Traduction Oecumenique de la Bible) and FC (Bible en Francais
      Courant) in the margins. I suspect that this wonderful undertaking is the ONLY French
      interlinear done, and it is certainly praiseworthy. The work was the undertaking of Maurice
      Carrez, a very well known and respected French biblical scholar. The BFBS has it, and so
      does the Alliance Biblique Universelle. Hope this helps... ;-)

      Mike