Re: tc-list Coptic fonts

  • James R. Adair
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 1998
      There are several Coptic fonts available for free download from Web or FTP
      sites, including the SPAchmim font. The author of the page at
      http://www.remnkemi.com/fonts mischaracterizes SPAchmim by calling it a
      Sahidic font. In addition to the regular Sahidic characters, it includes
      two Bohairic forms of chai and one Achmimic form. He states, "The problem
      with this font is that it is missing a few letters. As you can see on the
      left, the 'V' is missing." There are no missing letters that I'm aware
      of, but I didn't create separate large versions of the letters to use as
      capitals, since the forms are really not any different (so also with the
      Greek uncial font SPDoric). If you want to use larger forms of the
      letters, the way to do it is to use <FONT SIZE=+2> in your HTML document.
      It might be useful in a future version of the font to include separate
      larger versions of each letter.

      Jimmy Adair
      General Editor of TC: A Journal of Biblical Textual Criticism