tc-list review article in TC

  • James R. Adair
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 1998
      William Petersen has written a review article that discusses George
      Howard's _Hebrew Gospel of Matthew_ in quite a bit of detail. This
      article is now available in TC: A Journal of Biblical Textual Criticism
      volume 3. Here's the abstract:

      *******
      George Howard's Hebrew Gospel of Matthew deals with an interesting
      medieval New Testament version which Howard claims has roots in the first
      or second century. While Howard's edition of the text (extracted from
      Shem-Tob's Even Bohan) provides scholars with access to a valuable New
      Testament witness, as well as a serviceable translation into English, his
      novel theory concerning the ancient origins of the translation are
      suspect, particularly in light of comparisons with the Western
      Diatessaronic tradition.
      *******

      Members of this list are invited to read the review and offer comments on
      the list. As always, let me remind you that TC welcomes submissions of
      articles on any aspect of biblical textual criticism. I'll be glad to
      answer any question that readers of the list may have about possible
      submissions.

      Jimmy Adair
      General Editor of TC: A Journal of Biblical Textual Criticism