Re: tc-list Mss of the gospels

  • Bruce Morrill
    Message 1 of 6 , May 18, 1998
      On Mon, 18 May 1998, Ronald L. Minton wrote:
      > I know that Aland, _Text_, p. 83 says there are 2,361 mss that contain
      > all or part of the gospels. I do not have sources with me, but can anyone
      > tell me approximately how many mss contain all or part of Matthew.
      > how many mss contain all or part of Mark.
      > how many mss contain all or part of Luke.
      > how many mss contain all or part of John.

      For IGNTP work, I'd come up with counts as follows: Matt: 2121, Mark:
      2034, Luke: 2077, John: 2083. These are Greek continuous text mss; but
      these counts don't account for mss whose unique G/A numbers have now been
      stripped in the 2nd ed Kurzgefasste Liste since they are now identified as
      part of another ms, mss which have a G/A number but are lost, etc (so my
      criteria likely don't match those behind the 2361 count you cited). But
      certainly these are approximate counts.

      Bruce Morrill bruce@...