Re: The long ending of Mark

  • Carlton L. Winbery
    Message 1 of 1714 , Apr 6 6:05 AM
      Don Wilkens wrote;
      >Carlton, I am very weary of the so-called "assured result" of Marcan
      >priority, so it's refreshing to see such a remark as this. Two
      >questions: do you agree with this conflation theory (I infer that you
      >do), and are there many other textual critics that would agree with
      >it? My guess would be no, but I would love to hear otherwise.

      Sorry to disappoint you, but I was giving Farmer's view. He goes back to
      the Greisbach thesis which I consider untenable. There was a time when I
      was influenced by Farmer's book, The Synoptic Problem, but I took a year to
      work through and translate the triple and double traditions from the Greek
      verse by verse. I am thoroughly convinced that Matthew had a copy of Mark
      essentially as we have it. And also that Matthew and Luke shared some
      written sources for at least part of what we call "Q." material.

      Grace & Peace,
      Carlton Winbery
      END

      Carlton L. Winbery