Re: tc-list 0149 (second time)

  • DC PARKER
    Message 1 of 6 , May 11, 1998

      > Does 0149 = 0187? No note in NA27, pp. 689ff., but Aland _Text_, pp.
      > 123-4 says so. (I forgot my books but, I think those are the pages.)

      According to Liste, 2nd ed., 0149=0187

      > Does 0194 = 0124?

      Again, acc. to Liste2, 0194=0124

      > What is the century date of uncial 0300?

      In Liste2, 0300 is dated VI/VII.

      DC PARKER
      DEPT OF THEOLOGY
      UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM
      TEL. 0121-414 3613
      FAX 0121-414 6866
      E-MAIL PARKERDC@...
    • Ronald L. Minton
      Message 2 of 6 , May 18, 1998
        I know that Aland, _Text_, p. 83 says there are 2,361 mss that contain
        all or part of the gospels. I do not have sources with me, but can anyone
        tell me approximately how many mss contain all or part of Matthew.
        how many mss contain all or part of Mark.
        how many mss contain all or part of Luke.
        how many mss contain all or part of John.

        --
        Prof. Ron Minton: rminton@... W (417)268-6053 H 833-9581
        Baptist Bible Graduate School 628 E. Kearney St. Springfield, MO 65803
        Message 3 of 6 , May 18, 1998
          On Mon, 18 May 1998, Ronald L. Minton wrote:
          > I know that Aland, _Text_, p. 83 says there are 2,361 mss that contain
          > all or part of the gospels. I do not have sources with me, but can anyone
          > tell me approximately how many mss contain all or part of Matthew.
          > how many mss contain all or part of Mark.
          > how many mss contain all or part of Luke.
          > how many mss contain all or part of John.

          For IGNTP work, I'd come up with counts as follows: Matt: 2121, Mark:
          2034, Luke: 2077, John: 2083. These are Greek continuous text mss; but
          these counts don't account for mss whose unique G/A numbers have now been
          stripped in the 2nd ed Kurzgefasste Liste since they are now identified as
          part of another ms, mss which have a G/A number but are lost, etc (so my
          criteria likely don't match those behind the 2361 count you cited). But
          certainly these are approximate counts.

          Bruce Morrill bruce@...