tc-list Re: Comfort, Barrett

  • TRB - S.M. Kelly
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 1998
      > Uh that's 1997.. I'm a lousy typist
      >
      > At 09:32 AM 5/7/98 -0400, you wrote:
      > >Glen:
      > >
      > >Try:
      > >
      > > Comfort, Philip W. and David P. Barrett. _The Complete Text of the Earliest
      > >New Testament Manuscripts. Grand Rapids: Baker, 1977. ISBN 0-8010-2136-7
      > >656 pages, $49.99
      > >
      > >It is the reproductions of more than 50 of the papyri manuscripts

      Uh, actually try 1998. It is scheduled to be
      released this coming August. Apparently Philip has
      discovered a good number of manuscripts previously
      unreleased. At least, that's my understanding from
      talking to both a pastor from his church and Baker
      Books last week. It should be a real breakthrough
      release. He keeps finding more to include in the
      publication.
      It'd be nice to get a response from him.
      A good friend of mine is his pastor and surfs (real
      waves, not cyber) regularly with him off the coast of
      South Carolina, USA. Go figure....

      Sean M. Kelly aletheias_biblion@...
      Biblical Languages "The chief end of man is to
      glorify God BY enjoying Him
      forever." -Dr.John Piper-
      <http://www.desiringgod.org>