RE: tc-list 0149 (second time)

  • Curt Niccum
    Message 1 of 6 , May 8 6:01 AM
      According to the Kurzgefasste Liste (2nd ed.), 0149=0187.

      0194 and 0124 plus many others = 070

      0300 is 6th/7th century

      Message 2 of 6 , May 8 8:54 AM
        Ron,
        A key resource for questions such as these is K. Aland, *Kurzgefasste Liste
        der griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testaments*, 2nd ed. (De Gruyter,
        1994). The answers below are all from that reference.

        At 11:10 PM 5/7/98 -0500, you wrote:

        >Does 0149 = 0187? No note in NA27, pp. 689ff., but Aland _Text_, pp.
        >123-4 says so. (I forgot my books but, I think those are the pages.)

        Yes; in fact, 0187 is the primary number for this MS.

        >Does 0194 = 0124?

        Sort of; on p. 36 it reads "[0194] = [0124]", and then on p. 31, where 0124
        is listed, it reads "[0124] see 070". So, yes, 0194=0124, which is part of 070.

        >What is the century date of uncial 0300?

        VI/VII

        Mike Holmes
      • DC PARKER
        Message 3 of 6 , May 11 11:18 AM

          > Does 0149 = 0187? No note in NA27, pp. 689ff., but Aland _Text_, pp.
          > 123-4 says so. (I forgot my books but, I think those are the pages.)

          According to Liste, 2nd ed., 0149=0187

          > Does 0194 = 0124?

          Again, acc. to Liste2, 0194=0124

          > What is the century date of uncial 0300?

          In Liste2, 0300 is dated VI/VII.

          DC PARKER
          DEPT OF THEOLOGY
          UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM
          TEL. 0121-414 3613
          FAX 0121-414 6866
          E-MAIL PARKERDC@...
        • Ronald L. Minton
          Message 4 of 6 , May 18 2:02 PM
            I know that Aland, _Text_, p. 83 says there are 2,361 mss that contain
            all or part of the gospels. I do not have sources with me, but can anyone
            tell me approximately how many mss contain all or part of Matthew.
            how many mss contain all or part of Mark.
            how many mss contain all or part of Luke.
            how many mss contain all or part of John.

            --
            Prof. Ron Minton: rminton@... W (417)268-6053 H 833-9581
            Baptist Bible Graduate School 628 E. Kearney St. Springfield, MO 65803
          • Bruce Morrill
            Message 5 of 6 , May 18 3:45 PM
              On Mon, 18 May 1998, Ronald L. Minton wrote:
              > I know that Aland, _Text_, p. 83 says there are 2,361 mss that contain
              > all or part of the gospels. I do not have sources with me, but can anyone
              > tell me approximately how many mss contain all or part of Matthew.
              > how many mss contain all or part of Mark.
              > how many mss contain all or part of Luke.
              > how many mss contain all or part of John.

              For IGNTP work, I'd come up with counts as follows: Matt: 2121, Mark:
              2034, Luke: 2077, John: 2083. These are Greek continuous text mss; but
              these counts don't account for mss whose unique G/A numbers have now been
              stripped in the 2nd ed Kurzgefasste Liste since they are now identified as
              part of another ms, mss which have a G/A number but are lost, etc (so my
              criteria likely don't match those behind the 2361 count you cited). But
              certainly these are approximate counts.

              Bruce Morrill bruce@...