Re: tc-list N.T. facsimiles

  • Kevin W. Woodruff
    Message 1 of 6 , May 7, 1998
      Uh that's 1997.. I'm a lousy typist

    • alexander.mirkovic@vanderbilt.edu
      Message 2 of 6 , May 11, 1998
        This is not an answer to your question, but I keep wondering why do
        we keep using the name Leningrad. Leningrad is no more! It is
        Peterburg or Petrovgrad now. Before 1917, that is, before the Soviet
        revolution this codex used to be called Petropolitanus. One can have
        a look at any tc book printed before the revolution. May be this is
        pedantry, but those people over there in Russia were pulling down
        Lenin's statues for some reason and Lenin and his camarades did not
        care much for biblical manuscripts.

        Yours,

        Alexander Mirkovic
        Vanderbilt University

        > Prompted by the recent release of the Leningrad Codex, our library is
        > wondering if there are any Greek New Testament manuscripts in
        > facsimile edition that are currently in print. Any ideas?
        >
        > Glen L. Thompson

      • Roderic L. Mullen
        Message 3 of 6 , May 12, 1998
          The editors of the facsimile indicate that "Leningrad" is used at the
          request of the museum/library administrators in St. Petersburg. Odd, I
          know, but isn't the official name of the regions still Leningrad Oblast?
          --Rod Mullen