tc-list TLG Software

  • BillCombs
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 1998
      This is not exactly on topic, but I wonder if someone could give me some info
      on software for use with the TLG database. I got the TLG Engine from
      Linguistics Software for the Macintosh and am pretty disappointed. I am not
      exactly sure what I was expecting, but apparently all it can do is display
      text. Can anyone give me info on which software is best for the Mac, and I am
      also interested in Windows 95 if someone has info on that platform.

      Bill Combs
      Detroit Baptist Theological Seminary

      BillCombs@...
    • Maurice A. O'Sullivan
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29, 1998
        At 12:36 29/04/98 EDT, you wrote:
        >also interested in Windows 95 if someone has info on that platform.

        Bill:
        Have a look at the Silver Mountain Software page at:
        http://www.silvermnt.com/

        for details and prices of the TLG Workplace ( and also the PHI Workplace_

        Maurice

        Maurice A. O'Sullivan
        mauros@...

        To attack a man for talking nonsense is like finding your mortal enemy
        drowning in a swamp and jumping in after him with a knife. --Karl Popper
      • Perry L. Stepp
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 29, 1998
          Hello, all.

          BillCombs wrote:

          > This is not exactly on topic, but I wonder if someone could give
          > me some info
          > on software for use with the TLG database. I got the TLG Engine from
          > Linguistics Software for the Macintosh and am pretty
          > disappointed. I am not
          > exactly sure what I was expecting, but apparently all it can do is display
          > text. Can anyone give me info on which software is best for the
          > Mac, and I am
          > also interested in Windows 95 if someone has info on that platform.

          At Baylor, we use the TLG with Pandora, a Mac Hypercard-based program. It
          works well on searches--you have to learn the tricks, some of which I've
          figured out. I've never tried to print from Pandora, but I've used it to
          generate .rtf files and printed them through MS Word. There are several
          free Greek fonts that one can print with, once you've figured out the
          configuration.

          PLStepp