tc-list new publication

  • James R. Adair
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 1998
      Baker has published a new book that I think will be of interest to many
      readers of the list. Although this list is purposely academic and not
      commerical in nature, notices of other new books _related to textual
      criticism_ are welcome. Also, if you know of a new book in the field, or
      better yet, if you've written one, please have the publisher send a copy
      to Leonard Greenspoon, our book review editor.

      Jimmy Adair, Listowner, TC-List
      and
      -------------> http://shemesh.scholar.emory.edu <--------------

      -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

      NEW PUBLICATION

      Baker Book House announces the publication of Takamitsu Muraoka's
      *Hebrew/Aramaic Index to the Septuagint*. Muraoka critically examines all
      of the Hebrew-Greek and Aramaic-Greek equivalences assigned by the
      Hatch-Redpath *Concordance to the Septuagint*, particularly with an eye
      toward lexicographic and text-critical advancements in the study of both
      the Septuagint and the Hebrew Bible in the last century. Instead of viewing
      merely a list of page/column references, as in Hatch-Redpath's original
      Hebrew index, users can see at a glance a complete listing of the Greek
      equivalents for every Hebrew and Aramaic term in the Hebrew Bible, Sirach,
      and I Esdras.

      For a full explanation of the index, see Muraoka's article "A New Index to
      Hatch and Redpath" in *Ephemerides Theologicae Lovanienses* 73.4 (Dec.
      1997) 257-276.

      The 160-page index sells for $19.99 until July 1, when the price increases
      to $24.99. The index is also printed in Baker's new edition of
      Hatch-Redpath's *Concordance to the Septuagint* (retail $125.00).

      Both publications are available from
      Baker Book House
      P.O. Box 6287
      Grand Rapids, Michigan 49516-6287