Re: tc-list World English Bible

  • Mr. Helge Evensen
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 6, 1998
      Harold P. Scanlin wrote:

      > The World English Bible (WEB)
      >
      > The World English Bible is a 1997 revision of the American Standard Version
      > of the Holy Bible, first published in 1901. It is in the Public Domain.
      >
      > For the latest information, to report corrections, or for other
      > correspondence:
      >
      > Michael Paul Johnson
      > http://www.ebible.org/bible
      > mpj@...

      Dear TCers,

      Let me add the following: (Just a short note for those of you who may not
      have turned to the WEB website yet).
      The WEB is a literal translation; in language it is a revision of the
      ASV, but in textual foundation (as to the NT) it is based on the Majority
      Text (not the TR). However, there are a few deviations from the MT, but
      they are not intentional. They will be corrected in accordance with the
      MT. It is still a project under development (as far as I can tell).

      --
      - Mr. Helge Evensen