Re: [Fwd: tc-list First church building(s)]

  • Roderic L. Mullen
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 1998
      For what it's worth, Hatch and Redpath show that in the LXX, EKKLHSIA and
      its derivitives translate a variety of Hebrew words, usually based on the
      verbal root QAHAL, "summon, assemble, etc.," so Kohler/Baumgartner. The
      noun "assembly" could then refer to a gathering either in or out of a
      private home.
      --Rod Mullen