Re: tc-list Dissertations

  • j.g. van der tak
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 9, 1998
      >I am interested in reading some recent theses or doctoral dissertations
      >(in English and from the 1990s) that deal with textual criticism and/or
      >translation issues. I recently read dissertations by James A. Price and
      >Timothy J. Ralston. Any additional suggestions will be appreciated.
      >--
      >Prof. Ron Minton: rminton@... W (417)268-6053 H 833-9581
      >Baptist Bible Graduate School 628 E. Kearney St. Springfield, MO 65803

      I suggest you read:

      M. Bakker, Towards a Critical Edition of the Old Slavic New Testament,
      Diss. Amsterdam 1996.

      This book has been reviewed on this list and you'll find it in its
      archives. Bakker has a lot of real critical remarks on textual criticism,
      and they are not limited to the Slavic version of the NT.

      An other book you could turn to, but dealing more with translations and in
      a less critical tone, is:

      S.C. Munger, Russian New Testaments, a comparative study, Diss Amsterdam
      (VU = Free University), 1966.

      Johannes G. van der Tak

      Johannes G. van der Tak
      Slavic Seminar, University of Amsterdam
      Spuistraat 210,
      1012 VT Amsterdam/NL
      Tel.: (+31) 20 525 38 11/Fax: (+31) 20 525 3052
      Private: Icaruslaan 18,
      NL 1185 JM Amstelveen
      Tel/fax: (+31) 20 641 45 28
      E-mail: joannest@...