Re: tc-list Wanted: Good homes for tc books

  • Martin
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 6, 1998
      Dear Leonard:

      Many many thanks for the offering. If it's still there I am interested in
      William Petersen's Sayings of
      Jesus," and Muller-Kessler's and Sokoloff's volumes --I and III-- of "A
      Corpus of Christian Palestinian Aramaic."
      If not let me take Lim, Timothy H. Holy Scripture in the Qumran
      Commentaries and Pauline
      Letters [Oxford 1997]

      I am willing to pay the
      shipping (DHL if possible). My snail mail and e-mail address :

      Martin
      PT.Kompakindo Media Dewata
      Kombes Pol. M. Duriyat 39
      Surabaya 60262
      Indonesia
      e-mail: kerberos@...

      At 11:29 AM 3/5/98 -0600, you wrote:
      >Below is a list of tc books that desire/require a good home; they have
      >been on my shelves too long, so long in fact that I am beginning to think
      >of them as my own...so, take a chance, adopt-a-book; all that is required
      >is a love of ot/nt tc, and the desire to write a tc review..
      >
      >let me know as soon as possible; at this "price," these books should all
      >be spoken-for very quickly.
      >
      >leonard
      >
      >leonard greenspoon
      >

      >Dirksen, P. B. and A. van der Kooij, ed. The Peshitta as a Translation:
      >Papes Read at the II Peshitta Symposium Held at Leiden 19-21 August 1993
      >[Brill, 1995]
      >
      >Parker, D. C. The Living Text of the Gospels [Cambridge Univ. Press, 1997]
      >
      >Taylor, Benard A., ed. IX Congress of the International Organization for
      >Septuagint and Cognate Studies (Cambridge, 1995) [Scholars, 1997]
      >
      >Petersen, William. L et al.,ed. Sayings of Jesus: Canonical &
      >Non-Canonical -- Essays in Honour of Tjitze Baarda [Brill, 1997]
      >
      >Muller-Kessler, Christa and Michael Sokoloff, ed. A Corpus of Christian
      >Palestinian Aramaic. Vol. I: The Christian Palestinian Aramaic Old
      >Testament and Apocrypha Version from the Early Period [Styx (Groningen),
      >1997]
      >

      >Muller-Kessler, Christa and Michael Sokoloff, ed. A Corpus of Christian
      >Palestinian Aramaic. Vol. III: The Forty Martyrs of the Sinai Desert,
      >Eulogios, the Stone-Cutter, and Anastasia [Styx (Groningen), 1996]
      >
      >Lim, Timothy H. Holy Scripture in the Qumran Commentaries and Pauline
      >Letters [Oxford 1997]
      >
      >Person, Jr., Raymond F. The Kings/Isaiah and Kings/Jeremiah Recensions [de
      >Gruyter, 1997]

    • Thomas Kraus
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 8, 1998
        > Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 11:29:09 -0600
        > To: tc-list@...
        > From: ljgrn@... (Leonard Greenspoon)
        > Subject: tc-list Wanted: Good homes for tc books

        > Below is a list of tc books that desire/require a good home; they have
        > been on my shelves too long, so long in fact that I am beginning to think
        > of them as my own...so, take a chance, adopt-a-book; all that is required
        > is a love of ot/nt tc, and the desire to write a tc review..
        >
        > let me know as soon as possible; at this "price," these books should all
        > be spoken-for very quickly.
        >
        > leonard
        >
        > leonard greenspoon
        >

        > Dirksen, P. B. and A. van der Kooij, ed. The Peshitta as a Translation:
        > Papes Read at the II Peshitta Symposium Held at Leiden 19-21 August 1993
        > [Brill, 1995]
        >
        > Parker, D. C. The Living Text of the Gospels [Cambridge Univ. Press, 1997]
        >
        > Taylor, Benard A., ed. IX Congress of the International Organization for
        > Septuagint and Cognate Studies (Cambridge, 1995) [Scholars, 1997]
        >
        > Petersen, William. L et al.,ed. Sayings of Jesus: Canonical &
        > Non-Canonical -- Essays in Honour of Tjitze Baarda [Brill, 1997]
        >
        > Muller-Kessler, Christa and Michael Sokoloff, ed. A Corpus of Christian
        > Palestinian Aramaic. Vol. I: The Christian Palestinian Aramaic Old
        > Testament and Apocrypha Version from the Early Period [Styx (Groningen),
        > 1997]
        >

        > Muller-Kessler, Christa and Michael Sokoloff, ed. A Corpus of Christian
        > Palestinian Aramaic. Vol. III: The Forty Martyrs of the Sinai Desert,
        > Eulogios, the Stone-Cutter, and Anastasia [Styx (Groningen), 1996]
        >
        > Lim, Timothy H. Holy Scripture in the Qumran Commentaries and Pauline
        > Letters [Oxford 1997]
        >
        > Person, Jr., Raymond F. The Kings/Isaiah and Kings/Jeremiah Recensions [de
        > Gruyter, 1997]

        Dear Leonard,

        if nobody else is interested in Lim´s Holy Scripture in the Qumran
        Commentaries (and/or Parker´s Living Text of the Gospels), I would be
        looking forward to receive and comment about them.
        Please, let me know, if there is any chance of getting it (them). Of
        course, I´ll be willing of paying shipping or the like.
        By the way, thanks for the offer. Good books are always hard to find,
        if you don´t want to wait for ages and if you want to avoid hustle
        with your bookseller.

        Best wishes,

        Thomas
        thomas-juergen.kraus@...
      • Leonard Greenspoon
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 24, 1998
          Yesterday I sent off to you a copy of vol. III of Muller-Kessler for TC
          review. Please let me know when you receive it.

          We don't publish any guidelines for TC reviews. The best thing to do is to
          look at some of the reviews that have already been published. Please don't
          worry about making your review too long. We have never asked anyone to
          shorten a review. Often, it's quite the opposite, which is one of the
          advantages of electronic publishing.

          Another advantage is timely publication. Please try to have a copy of your
          review ready in 6-8 weeks.

          Thanks so much.

          All the best

          Leonard
        • Leonard Greenspoon
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 14, 1999
            Johann--let me know if you are interesting in reviewing any of these for
            TC..thanks, leonard

            *Wevers, John William. Notes on the Greek Text of Numbers

            *Flesher, Paul V. M., ed. Targum Studies, Volume 2: Targum and Peshitta

            *Güting, Eberhard W and David L. Mealand. Asyndeton in Paul: A
            Text-Criticism and Statistical Enquiry into Pauline Style

            *Sharpe, John and Kimberly van Kampen, eds. The Bible as Book: The
            Manuscript Tradition

            *van der Kooij, Arie, The Oracle of Tyre: The Septuagint of Isaiah 23 as
            Version and Vision

            *de Waard, Jan, A Handbook on Isaiah. Textual Criticism and the Translator
            volume 1.
          • Johan Lust
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 15, 1999
              Dear,

              I already have to write something about Wevers' Numbers for ETL, and I have
              van der Kooij's book.
              I am interested in
              - Sharpe, John and Kimberly van Kampen, eds. The Bible as Book: The
              Manuscript Tradition;
              - Flesher, Paul V. M., ed. Targum Studies, Volume 2: Targum and Peshitta,
              - de Waard, Jan, A Handbook on Isaiah. Textual Criticism and the Translator.

              Johan
              ------
              At 11:32 14/04/99 -0500, you wrote:
              >Johann--let me know if you are interesting in reviewing any of these for
              >TC..thanks, leonard

            • Leonard Greenspoon
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 15, 1999
                thanks, Johan -- leonard